Dodge Performance Heritage: Stealth R/T Twin Turbo

When we reflect on Dodge’s performance legacy today, we instantly recall the great cars of the classic muscle era – Chargers and Super Bees, Street Hemis and Six Packs.  But actually, there’s an unbroken chain of Dodge performance models that stretches to the present day. For example, here’s the 1991-96 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin Turbo.

Produced in partnership with Mitsubishi, the Dodge Stealth was one of the most technically sophisticated sports cars of its time. The standard Stealth R/T was powered by a double-overhead cam V6 with 24 valves and electronic fuel injection – a highly advanced engine for 1991. But the Twin Turbo model raised the ante even further, sporting intercooled twin turbochargers and a complex all-wheel drive system.  It was the kitchen sink of performance vehicles in the early ‘90s, offering virtually every new technical advance then coming into the market in one eye-grabbing package.

With all the cutting-edge technology on board, including four-wheel steering, active exhaust, and electronic suspension, the R/T Turbo rivaled many exotic European sports cars in features, and often in performance as well.  But unlike the expensive exotics, the Stealth was available at any neighborhood Dodge dealer at an attainable price, as the enthusiast press quickly recorded.  Today the R/T Twin Turbo is considered a cult classic among collectors, who scoop up clean examples when they get the chance.

The car pictured above is an interesting historical footnote in itself. For 1991 the Stealth R/T Turbo was selected as the official pace car for the Indianapolis 500, but it never actually served in that capacity. Ultimately, a prototype Dodge Viper performed the pace car duties on race day that year, while the car shown here served as an Indy 500 Festival vehicle and then resided at the Walter P. Chrysler Museum for many years.

36 Comments

• HEMIhead
    Posted June 3, 2012 at 2:42 pm | Permalink

That Car is awesome to see in person. It was really ahead of it’s time, considering what other cars were on the road at the time, and a corvette killer to boot! I’d argue the attainable price, but I guess compared to the exotics it was. It does not surprise me they are and will be collectable. Even today they can still hold their own in style, performance, and technology. It was supposed to be the Indy 500 pace car, but people complained that it wasn’t an “American Car”,
    and so it was pulled in favour of the Dodge Viper Prototype. My, oh my, how times have changed since then. Honda engines in Indy and Toyota in Nascar. It seems today, if you are not American, then you are a shoe-in for anything American. Who figured that today the imports would be the ones driving the whole American Automobile Industry?

• Mike
    Posted May 4, 2013 at 10:44 pm | Permalink

1991 Dodge Stealth RT Turbo (RARE!) – $12,000 (Minooka, IL 60447)

• Eb
    Posted August 1, 2014 at 4:33 am | Permalink

I think that Dodge should take another stab at it and bring the Stealth back in all its forms, ES, RT, and RT/TT.

Reply if you agree.

• 3000gt/Dodge Stealth
    Posted January 2, 2015 at 10:37 am | Permalink

Stealths are definetly nice cars, I have a 95′, definetly my fav year. 3000gts aren’t bad either, I just personally can’t stand the front headlights and “wide” body look. But I really like the early 3000s with the pop-up lights. Nice post btw.

• Posted February 10, 2016 at 1:17 pm | Permalink

I am no longer sure where you are getting your info, however good topic. I needs to spend a while studying more or working out more. Thanks for fantastic info I was looking for this info for my mission.

• Posted May 28, 2016 at 9:14 pm | Permalink

I’ve been surfing online more than 4 hours today, yet I never found any
    interesting article like yours. It’s pretty worth enough for me.
    Personally, if all site owners and bloggers made good content as you did, the net will be much more useful than ever before.

• Posted May 30, 2016 at 12:02 pm | Permalink

Design, precision, calcul de la masse graisseuse…
    Pour faire le bon choix, consultez notre guide d’achat !

• Posted June 4, 2016 at 2:36 pm | Permalink

Nombreux sont les avantages d’un stepper du corps,
    il permet de reguler le systeme cardiovasculaire
    grace aux efforts a fournir level l’utilisateur.

• Posted June 5, 2016 at 12:37 am | Permalink

Nice post. I learn something totally new and challenging on websites I stumbleupon on a daily basis.
    It will always be helpful to read content from other writerss and practice a
    little something from their web sites.

• Posted June 12, 2016 at 12:13 pm | Permalink

Vassuncê pode reunir a caracterização junto com toda dessas cores, entretanto negativo entretanto linha, a datar
    de que, porém desanuviado, vassuncê use
    tons neutros, da maneira que pardo.

• Posted June 22, 2016 at 5:53 am | Permalink

Do you have a spam issue on this site; I also am a blogger, and I was curious about your situation; we have created some nice practices and we are looking to exchange solutions with others, please shoot me an email
    if interested.

• Posted July 31, 2016 at 1:52 pm | Permalink

Hi mу loved оne! І աant to say tҺаt thіs
    post іs awesome, nice wrіtten and іnclude aρproximately ɑll signifiсant
    infos. Ι’d like to see mߋre posts like tҺis .

• kdf podatki zwrot podatku z niemiec druki
    Posted September 14, 2016 at 5:11 pm | Permalink

I really like your writing style, good information, regards for posting : D.

• kdf podatki zwrot vat z niemiec
    Posted September 27, 2016 at 3:39 pm | Permalink

Keep up the excellent piece of work, I read few posts on this web site and I conceive that your site is rattling interesting and holds circles of good info .

• kdf podatki podatek w anglii ile wynosi
    Posted September 28, 2016 at 3:41 pm | Permalink

excellent issues altogether, you simply won a brand new reader. What would you suggest about your put up that you simply made some days in the past? Any certain?

• Posted November 22, 2016 at 9:54 am | Permalink

I do trust all the ideas you have introduced to your post.
    They’re very convincing and will definitely work. Still,
    the posts are too brief for novices. May just you please lengthen them a
    bit from subsequent time? Thanks for the post.

• Posted December 22, 2016 at 3:58 pm | Permalink

Good respond in return of this difficulty with firm arguments and explaining the whole
    thiing concerning that. http://www.hisslave.com

• Posted January 15, 2017 at 8:38 am | Permalink

Clash of Kings Hack is page where you may laern many suggestions
    and methods in the Clash of Kings game and you’ll be taught tricks, so that you higher within the recreation!

• Posted January 18, 2017 at 12:37 pm | Permalink

The constant game updates from Elex Wireless is actually an enormous bonus as it means the game
    will nonetheless be getting new content material for all platforms it is
    obtainable on and will mean the experience on play sport on fb or Clash of Kings for PC will only enhance.

• Posted March 2, 2017 at 6:57 pm | Permalink

Earlier this year, Bahar Mustafa, a pupil diversity officer in London, came to be a target of students upset that she
    would certainly asked white people as well as guys to refrain from
    attending an occasion concerning variety.

• Posted March 4, 2017 at 1:44 pm | Permalink

Body Shot is my initial book by Kelly Jamieson in addition to
    the first in a new series and I located it to be an enjoyable, wonderful as well as attractive
    read with interesting personalities as well as
    has me wanting to see where the rest of the collection takes us.

• Posted March 6, 2017 at 9:20 am | Permalink

In such circumstances, one has to specifically include citrulline and arginine
    rich meals or dietary supplements in the food regimen.

• Posted March 7, 2017 at 7:57 pm | Permalink

Gilsanz as well as Murphy originally established The
    Duration Video game as a class task at the Rhode Island College of Design in 2014.

• Posted March 11, 2017 at 3:41 pm | Permalink

A. Ensure $/Sales is higher than $20 – It’s robust when the amount is gloomier than that, to make a revenue with any paid methods including utilizing Google Adwords for a solution of clickbank affiliate marketing.

• Posted March 16, 2017 at 1:43 pm | Permalink

They are not designed to be lived on. But the design of Soylent is to act as a food.

• Posted March 17, 2017 at 2:57 am | Permalink

Read the National Tree Advantage Calculator to view how woods inside your zipcode affects stormwater runoff
    property prices, and other homeowner criteria.

• Posted April 2, 2017 at 8:46 pm | Permalink

Helpful information. Fortunate me I discovered
    your web site unintentionally, and I’m stunned why this twist of
    fate did not took place earlier! I bookmarked it.

• Posted April 6, 2017 at 6:45 pm | Permalink

Can we really purchase assist here coping with %BT%?
    Particular composition into it would have to be made by following this Friday… Even So
    take into account minimal about it.

• Posted May 23, 2017 at 8:03 pm | Permalink

Optar um animal adequado ao tamanho da mansão ou
    apartamento também é forçoso. http://skill2.vietnammarcom.edu.vn/UserProfile/tabid/850/userId/5475/Default.aspx

• Posted August 8, 2017 at 4:07 pm | Permalink

It is challenging to step up making use of work when Exchange server
    connection is down. People often use the email addresses starting with their first name,
    for example, John, Sandra, Julia.

• Posted September 27, 2017 at 2:24 am | Permalink

If some one wishes to be updated with hottest technologies then he must be visit this web page
    and be up to date every day.

• Posted September 28, 2017 at 1:28 am | Permalink

Cómo perder peso con agua

Beber mucha agua puede ser una herramienta muy útil en el arsenal delaware una personality a dieta cuando la pérdida
    de peso es una meta. Esta ayuda a aumentar el metabolismo, suprime el apetito b
    ayuda a perder peso del agua retenida. El conseguir beber p 8 a
    10 vasos al día es manhattan project medida recomendada, sin embargo puede ser difícil, pero con determinación, lo puedes lograr ymca pronto estarás en el camino correcto p usar el agua a tu favor en manhunter batalla de la pérdida de
    peso.

Durante manhunter temporada de calor es recomendable beber agua fresca para bajar us poco manhunter temperatura corporal
    y p esta manera el cuerpo trabaje un poco mas en typical manhunter temperatura,
    b para eso es recomendable contar disadvantage un enfriador delaware agua, puedes comprar despachadores de agua a us increíble precio
    en manhattan project tienda durante línea
    de TodoCasa.mx la cual te hará el envió p los artículos
    hasta la puerta de tu casa, sin ningúdeborah costo, esto es todo us beneficio para tu salud.

• Posted October 5, 2017 at 12:23 pm | Permalink

Truly no matter if someone doesn’t know afterward its up to other viewers that they will help, so here it takes
    place.

• Posted October 24, 2017 at 10:17 am | Permalink

First of all I want to say excellent blog! I had a quick question that I’d like to ask if you do not
    mind. I was interested to know how you center yourself and clear your mind before writing.

I’ve had trouble clearing my mind in getting my thoughts out there.
    I do take pleasure in writing however it just seems
    like the first 10 to 15 minutes are generally lost simply just trying to figure out how to begin. Any ideas or hints?
    Thanks!

• Posted October 28, 2017 at 3:41 pm | Permalink

If you are going for best contents like me, only go to see this site
    daily since it gives feature contents, thanks

• Posted November 2, 2017 at 7:19 am | Permalink

Plenty person know very well what you choose
    in the back tattoos for males you are looking for choosing.

Cards inside vicinity of 7 have a greater range for melding than extreme end cards like aces and kings.

Fashion has hyped itself to great heights and you may easily notice this in high school graduation graduation caps and gowns.