Nearly 100 years ago, master car builders John and Horace Dodge introduced the first automobile to bear their name, the famed Dodge Brothers Model 30. To mark the historic achievement, we are introducing two special editions for 2014: the 100th Anniversary Dodge Charger and 100th Anniversary Dodge Challenger.
The auto industry has seen constant change and reinvention over the past century, and today we are celebrating a century of the Dodge Brothers’ style and ingenuity through world-class power and performance, innovative technology features and bold muscle-car styling with commemorative design details.
The Charger gets very special treatment for the 100th Anniversary. You can choose between two fully equipped versions: a Pentastar® V-6–powered model based on the Charger SXT Plus, and a HEMI® V-8 model based on the Charger R/T Plus. Both include all of the following features:
- Beats Premium Audio™
– Molten Red or Foundry Black Nappa leather with brass stitching interior
– Custom cloud overprint on the seats, center console and door armrests
– Die-cast “Dodge, est. 1914” badges on the seatbacks
– 20–inch polished aluminum wheels with granite crystal pockets and “100” center caps
The 100th Anniversary Challenger, also offered in both Pentastar V-6 and HEMI V-8 versions, includes an equally extensive list of features, including:
- Nappa leather trim
– Unique stitching and badging
– Striking 20–inch wheels
– Premium Boston Acoustics audio
– Granite Crystal grille surround with script “Challenger” badge
Both the 100th Anniversary Edition Charger and Challenger are equipped with:
- Premium Berber Floor Mats with Embroidered 100th Anniversary logo
– Performance flat bottom steering wheel
– 100th anniversary key fob
– 100th anniversary fender badging
– 100th anniversary splash screens on the Uconnect® touchscreen
– Offered in High Octane Red Pearl coat, along with traditional colors
“The Dodge Charger and Challenger are the perfect foundation to celebrate 100 years of Dodge style and performance,” says Tim Kuniskis, Dodge brand president and CEO. “Over the last century, the Dodge brand has seen its biggest success when we’ve combined head-turning designs with ingenious engineering and world-class performance. These two iconic muscle cars do all of that and more. They represent the Dodge brand’s heart and soul.”
Both cars are scheduled to appear in Dodge showrooms during the first quarter of 2014. Which 100th Anniversary model would you like to see in your garage? Be sure to tell us in the comments below.