Dodge Runs With The Frederick Scat Pack

Nov.15 New Wilmington Motors, New Wilmington, Pa. – Stop #1

When the Dodge Challenger launched back in 2008, there was no doubt that a star had been reborn. The car has been an overwhelming success and continues to dazzle fans everywhere with its commanding road presence and exceptional power.

But where would this great car be without equally great representatives to interface with our consumers?

There is one man who rose to the occasion to become the premier ambassador to the Challenger Nation. And that man is none other than Bob Frederick.

Bob is certainly no stranger to the Red Letter Dodge blog. You may recognize him here as the former Dealer Contributor from when the Challenger first launched.

A graduate of Northwood University with a degree in Business Management and Automotive Marketing, Bob was raised on a steady diet of Mopars courtesy of his parents, Nancy and Bob, Sr.

“My Mopar upbringing gave me the bug very early on, ” Bob said. “My mom had a Sublime 1970 Challenger T/A and my dad was always bringing new cars home. My dad was widely known for having the coolest Mopars around.”

Bob started managing the family dealership in 1991 and has been building a loyal following ever since. So when the 2008 Challenger came to market, Bob asserted himself as the go-to guy for all things Challenger.

Bob went as far to start his own Challenger Army known appropriately as The Frederick Scat Pack. “I formed the group to differentiate myself from every other dealer out there, ” he said. “Now, I’ve got this loyal following and I just can’t let them down.”

The following is so loyal, in fact, that members drove great lengths to meet with us earlier this week at New Wilmington Motors in New Wilmington, Pennsylvania, just 60 miles north of Pittsburgh. Challenger owners traveled from as far away as Holland, Michigan and Long Island, New York. The dedication runs that deep.

Every single person who has dealt with Bob has nothing but rave reviews to describe his efforts. Michael Haislet of Holland, Michigan, gladly traveled nearly 400 miles to New Wilmington Motors and had this to say…

“Bob is the most honest, straightforward, trustworthy, and down-to-earth salesman we’ve ever dealt with. When build status updates become available on our cars, he notifies us. And when the cars roll in on the truck, Bob snaps pictures and sends them along. It’s unbelievable customer service.

“Many customers buy cars from Bob without ever even meeting him in person, ” Michael continued. “He’s that good! And, hell, he’s even traveled across this country to deliver cars to some of his customers.

“Dodge should build a Frederick Edition of the Challenger. I’d buy it in a heartbeat, ” Michael added.

The Frederick Scat Pack members who showed up for Monday’s event brought a little token of appreciation to commemorate Bob’s dedication. He was presented with a Mopar book that was signed by many members of the club. Inside, a special note read, “This book is dedicated to Bob Frederick, Jr., a man whose passion for Mopar Muscle is only exceeded by his passion for customer satisfaction!!” It was a heartfelt gesture from his fans.

Rest assured, however, that Bob is not alone in this commitment to the cause. He has teamed up with long-time colleague and owner of New Wilmington Motors, Jeff Huey. Working in the car business now for 20 years, Jeff has turned this pint-sized, 77-year-old dealership into quite an operation.

“A little dealership like ours provides a very personal experience for consumers, ” Jeff said. “We’re able to pay a lot of attention to everyone. When customers walk in the door, they become our #1 priority.

“Cars come off the truck and either go directly into our showroom or into storage, ” he continued. “They are never exposed to the elements while in our control. Beyond that, we take extreme care prepping each and every vehicle. Bob and I clean the cars as if they were our own. We pull every sticker off the car, collect all the paperwork, organize everything beautifully and present it to the customer upon vehicle delivery.”

When Bob and Jeff sat down with us, they both emphasized how important online forums have become to them. Jeff said, “We’re small, so we don’t have tens of thousands of dollars to spend on advertising. But the forums have given us that reach. Most of our business comes by word of mouth, and that’s how we’ve built such a solid reputation.”

With a staff of only eight, led by the dynamic duo of Bob and Jeff, it’s obvious that New Wilmington Motors is destined to do great things for Chrysler.

Dodge is thankful to everyone who participated in this event. It was great to see all the Challengers in one spot, as well as all the loyal fans who brought them out to support the Hemi Highway Tour. It’s obvious that all current and future members of the Frederick Scat Pack are in good hands. This is a first-class operation that left us more than impressed.

13 Comments

• ChuckG
    Posted November 19, 2010 at 10:35 am | Permalink

It was truly just a great day! Scott and Heather were a joy to talk to, and Dodge should be proud to have them representing the company.

I don’t know who came up with the HEMI Highway Tour but what a great way to get out there and meet your customers. This should be an annual event. And of course I’ll be there next year.

• 70TA-09RT
    Posted November 19, 2010 at 10:54 am | Permalink

This was a great day and being part of the tour was awesome getting to meet fellow Scat Pack owners and getting to spend the day was priceless. Heather and Scott you are doing a great job with your knowledge of the cars enjoy your road trip 🙂

• Posted November 19, 2010 at 11:47 am | Permalink

We need a guy like Bob here in the southwest.

Congrats to all. Long live the Mopar love affair.

• 6PK CONV&#100 fuchsia
    Posted November 19, 2010 at 12:14 pm | Permalink

Although I got there late; I pulled in to applause and cheering! I have known Bob for a long time,and he has always gone the extra mile for everybody.
    Monday was cool to be a part of; and I’m glad I was able to join the fun. Scott and Heather are awesome. It will speak volumes having them showcasing these cars across the country!

• HEMI2NV
    Posted November 19, 2010 at 3:19 pm | Permalink

My wife and I traveled from Cincinnati and thoroughly enjoyed every second! Being one of the younger Scat Pack members at age 24, I consider myself very fortunate to belong to this group of dedicated enthusiasts. Bob and New Wilmington are doing an excellent job and can’t thank them enough for everything. Mopar or no car!

• John
    Posted November 19, 2010 at 4:00 pm | Permalink
  • Mike H
    Posted November 19, 2010 at 4:30 pm | Permalink

Certainly a day to remember with the good folks from Dodge Scott and Heather, and all the great Frederick Scat Pack members who attended this event!
    We all made mopar history that day,and Bob made it all possible.
    The new 392 is just one mean machine,and the Charger there is serious wow factor there as well as it is obvious Dodge,and their design team has been listening to us very happy owners.

Scott consider this The Frederick Scat pack is rolling cross country to meet with our So Cal Challenger bothers in March at Spring fest 2011.
    You may wanna be apart of that brother!
    Bob has our contact info so we could align plans if need be the photo op’s,and back story is tremendous in content hope to see you at Spring Fest 2011.

Thru your journey Scott you’ll be meeting Frederick Scat Pack members from Buckwheat In Louisiana on Dec 7th to So Cal with Red dog,and his So Cal challenger crew on the 17th!
    There some members in SC as well look for GSO Challenger to say hello as well.

We roll in numbers as we drive to live and live to drive!
    19,000 miles now on my 09 SRT8 and smiling every day ear to ear!
    Way to represent the new 392 guys!!

• Hitman_
    Posted November 19, 2010 at 5:49 pm | Permalink

Congrats to Bob and Jeff for doing a great job representing the Dodge brand and customer service.

• Mike & Joleen Hankins
    Posted November 21, 2010 at 9:45 am | Permalink

Can’t wait to meet Bob, Jeff, and the Wilmington crew!

• RLD
    Posted December 2, 2010 at 10:56 am | Permalink

John,

Great images, and thank you for sharing! Feel free to select a few to add to the Dodge Autos Flickr group, which is also the Flickr feed for RLD. http://www.flickr.com/groups/dodgeautos

-RLD Staff

• MIke Haislet
    Posted January 10, 2011 at 12:45 am | Permalink

Funny thing:
    I bought one in less than a min actaully 3 seconds to be exact wehn Bob called me I just repaeted yes to Bobon the phone ofr about a minute,lol..
    I cant wait to get my new 392!
    If life is just a ride I do it in my Challenger we are now a 2 challenger household.
    Once again great job Scott and Heather you sold me!

• MIke Haislet
    Posted January 10, 2011 at 1:19 am | Permalink

Funny thing:
    I bought one in less than a min actaully 3 seconds to be exact when Bob called me I just repeated yes to Bob on the phone for about a minute,lol..
    I cant wait to get my new 392!
    Once again great job Scott and Heather you sold me!
    The Frederick Scat Pack rolls strong!
    Thankyou Dodge for one of the finest Cars I have ever owned and thankyou to all you good folks up in Brampton Ontario building our Challengers,thankyou,thankyou ,thankyou..

• bob
    Posted September 30, 2015 at 2:09 pm | Permalink

So you all know this “great ” guy Jeff Huey was indicted for felony fraud for robbing this dealership.