The years fly by fast when Dodge vehicles are setting the pace. We’re racing into 2017 with a full head of steam, thanks to the high-octane run of the past 12 months. This year, Dodge owned the roadway, and saw new partnerships and innovations. From the Bondurant Racing School and Viper Special Editions to Roadkill Nights drag races and the debut of the new all-wheel-drive Challenger GT, 2016 has been a year to remember.
Let’s take a look in the rearview at six of our favorite achievements, moments and announcements from 2016 — then we’ll press the accelerator for a new thrill ride in 2017.
1. Class is in Session at Bondurant Racing School: Dodge teamed up with the legendary Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving, the official high-performance driving school of Dodge/SRT®, to put drivers like you behind the wheel on a racetrack. Learn more about the Bondurant Racing School at bondurant.com.
2. Dodge Viper Takes a Victory Lap: After 25 years running, Dodge Viper will make one final lap in 2017. Dodge celebrated the final year of production and the quarter-century milestone with five exclusive limited-edition models designed to highlight several of the most iconic special-edition Vipers. Learn more at dodge.com/viper.
3. New 2017 Charger Daytona Debuts: The new 2017 Dodge Charger Daytona delivers even more performance and precision to the naturally aspirated HEMI® V8 lineup with unique powertrain induction and exhaust enhancements, chassis upgrades for greater handling and braking, plus functional performance styling appointments inside and out.
4. New 2017 Challenger T/A Unleashed: The new 2017 Challenger T/A is a race-bred muscle machine that really puts the power down — via the standard 375-horsepower 5.7-liter HEMI® V8 with all-new electronically controlled active performance exhaust system, or the T/A 392’s 485-horspower 6.4-liter naturally aspirated HEMI V8 engine.
5. Roadkill Nights on Woodward Avenue: In 2016, Dodge hosted the first-ever legal street-racing event on Detroit’s iconic Woodward Avenue. The historic road was transformed into a drag strip for nine hours of racing. Performance enthusiasts traveled from as far away as Kansas and Alabama to race for a total cash purse of $19, 000.
6. Rolling Out the New All-Wheel-Drive 2017 Challenger GT: The new 2017 Dodge Challenger GT is the world’s first and only all-wheel-drive muscle coupe, designed for uncompromised year-round performance in any weather conditions. Dodge Challenger GT AWD production is scheduled to begin in January 2017 and will be available in dealerships in early 2017.
See what Dodge has in store for 2017, and learn more about the Dodge vehicle lineup at dodge.com.