WHAT: Fourth of six summer Cruise Nights at the Walter P. Chrysler Museum
WHO: Several hundred auto enthusiasts with their cruisers, as well as hundreds of other spectators, are expected to gather for the fourth annual series
WHEN: 6 9 p.m. Thursday, July 23 (continues every other Thursday through Aug. 20)
WHERE: Walter P. Chrysler Museum, One Chrysler Dr., Auburn Hills, 48326 (off I-75 at exit 78)
· Cruise Nights are presented by Chrysler, Jeep® and Dodge
· All makes and models are welcome rain or shine for food; music; current Chrysler, Jeep and Dodge vehicle displays and more
· Awards will be presented for Best Body/Paint, Best Under the Hood, Best Unrestored and Museums Choice
Cruise Night highlights:
· ?After hours viewing of two Chrysler ME Four-Twelve concept vehicles and the Dodge Tomahawk concept on exhibit in the Museum. As much an engineering as a design statement, the quad-turbo, V-12-powered ME Four-Twelve is Chryslers first mid-engine concept. The Viper V-10 engine-powered, single-passenger Tomahawk is a four-wheel icon of unconventional thinking that combines art-deco styling with extreme engineering.
· After hours viewing of the Museums Jeep® in the Movies special exhibit, featuring two celebrated vehicles: the Jeep Wrangler Rubicon featured in Paramount Pictures, Lara Croft Tomb Raider: The Cradle of Life and the Jeep Wrangler Unlimited that co-starred in the Paramount release, Sahara
· Introduction of the Walter P. Chrysler Museums Brick Legacy and Adopt-a-Vehicle programs, an opportunity for enthusiasts to commemorate their or a friend or family members automotive passion while supporting the nonprofit Museum
· Enthusiast Avenue, a collection of Detroit area businesses offering auto enthusiasts demonstrations and discounts on automotive parts, products, services, entertainment and more
On the Avenue July 23:
· Auto Appraise, Inc. of Grand Blanc, complete automobile appraisal, inspection and claims services.
· Booth Arons Racing Enterprises, Inc. of Berkley, performance engine parts, machining and assembly.
· Detroit Performance Center of Clinton Twp., performance parts for Detroit Three products.
· Kart2Kart, of Sterling Heights, state-of-the-art indoor go-karting for private celebrations and corporate outings featuring complete catering and bar service, open to the public.
· PowderPro, LLC of Troy, powder coating and general metal restoration, welding and fabrication, stripping and sandblasting
Guest donations are welcome and after hours Museum admission is reduced to $1 for children and $2 for adults (regularly $4 and $8, respectively)