***MoparRules is correct in the comments…Kurt will get the Pole in Vegas, read the story here.***
Las Vegas Motor Speedway
1. Kyle Busch 29.033 sec. 185.995 mph
2. Kurt Busch 29/078 sec. 185.707 mph
3. Jimmie Johnson
4. David Reutimann
5. Marcos Ambrose
6. Ryan Newman
7. Kasey Kahne
8. Mark Martin
9. Kevin Harvick
10. Tony Stewart
(Other Dodge Drivers)
11. David Stremme
12. Sam Hornish Jr.
19. AJ Allmendinger
33. Elliott Sadler
39. Reed Sorenson
* This was the first time the Busch brothers (Kurt and Kyle) have qualified 1-2 for a NASCAR Sprint Cup Series event.
* The last time brothers qualified 1-2 was at Martinsville (March, 2000). Rusty Wallace won the wpole and Kenny Wallace started second.
* For the second week in a row, the pole winner (Kyle Busch) will have to go to the rear of the field. Busch blew an engine after five laps in practice.
* Kasey Kahne qualified seventh, a season-best starting position.
* David Stremme and Sam Hornish Jr. turned in strong qualifying efforts; Stremme is 11th and Hornish Jr. 12th.