The first muscle car to break 200 mph on the racetrack — the original 1969 Dodge Charger Daytona — is slowing things down for a cruise along Detroit’s Woodward Avenue to highlight updates for 2017 that will have you dreaming of a new hot rod. The new 2017 Dodge Charger Daytona delivers even more performance and precision to the naturally aspirated HEMI® V8 lineup with unique powertrain induction and exhaust enhancements, chassis upgrades for greater handling and braking, plus functional performance styling appointments inside and out.
The new 2017 Charger Daytona is sure to stand out on Woodward Avenue with its menacing look and its 5.7-liter HEMI V8 with up to 370 horsepower with the all-new electronically controlled active performance exhaust system, or the Daytona 392’s 485-horsepower 6.4-liter HEMI V8.
Select highlights for 2017 include:
• SRT® functional performance styling
• New 2.75-inch electronically controlled active exhaust system on 5.7-liter HEMI V8 models delivers a signature muscle-car sound
• Wider, 20 x 9-inch and 20 x 9.5-inch wheels with high-performance tires help improve handling on 5.7-liter and 392 HEMI powered models, respectively
• 392 models add an ultra-high performance Brembo® brake system with six-piston front and four-piston rear brake calipers
• Performance bolstered seats and Dodge performance steering wheel with available die-cast paddle shifters are included
The 2017 Dodge Charger Daytona 392 offers 485 horsepower and 475 lb.-ft. of torque from its HEMI V8 powertrain, new air box with directed cold-air induction and Mopar conical air filter, plus a 3.09 final drive with 230-mm limited-slip rear axle.
When it comes to standing out on the asphalt, the new 2017 Charger Daytona features all-new and limited-production Green Go, plus a revised Yellow Jacket hue that build on the Dodge brand’s High-Impact Paint (HIP) legacy. Go Mango and TorRed hues from the exclusive HIP collection are also offered. Also joining the paint lineup for 2017 are Destroyer Gray and Octane Red shades, while White Knuckle, Redline Red, Pitch Black, Granite, Billet, Contusion Blue and Maximum Steel are also available.